Sunday 31 March 2013

Falling Asleep

Falling asleep
Is easier than dreaming
In my dream I was falling
Until the bottom fell out
Oh screen, computer screen
Save me.

A supermodel fell in love with me.
Falling and loving are such
Distinct things.
A girl can make me
Happy.  Smile, at least for the time
Being.

If it's raining in my head
It's raining.
If hope is a thing with wings
Perhaps I should pay more attention
To the dead canary.
Mine.  It's raining in my head
Seductive piano arpeggios
Like a wound
Like a lullaby


Like a healing

Sleeping off and
Hanging over,
Falling in love is as easy
As feeling lonely.
An act of the
Want.  And desire gives birth to
Rain and black umbrellas.
Hymns of Sheol.

I only want to die
For a little a while.
Just break until
The rain subsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment