Sunday 17 February 2013

Dear 13

Let's not repeat the mistakes of your older brother.
Good and gone?
I say "Good riddance."
There was about five ends we weren't supposed to make it
through to get to you,
But now you're in the clear, hats off to you,
No catyclisms as predicted as yet.
And despite all the elections and doomsday prophecies
That fell on your brother's watch, not much
Has changed.

Alright, so I ain't asking for butterflies or wedding rings.
Lord knows what I want, and well, I wouldn't mind if your little
Sister 14 had some of those things. My resolution is
To change. My resolution is
To be me. Twelve had this little fear-mongering thing
Going on. And whoever I'm supposed to be here went
Underground. That ain't no good. I need a new era, I'm trying to sort this out,
To surface before Groundhog day. Seems like nobody asks me how I'm doing,
Really. Not in the important things. So bro, bring the
Broom, bring the rain, bring the longhaul, bring the wind, bring the
Change. You're gonna be different, you hear me?
That's what I'm saying.
Everybody knows, if you're gonna be a hero, the hero has
To change.

That's what it's gonna take to do this thing.
That's what it's gonna take to be me.
That's what it's gonna take to love someone.
That's what it's gonna take to live my dreams.

Got it, 13?

Cools, Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment