Sunday 3 February 2013

A Separation


We
Even we

We met beneath firs and twinkling lights
Earth put on her finest
Red wine, twilight sky
Everything seemed right.

It was Autumn when we married
New love under dying leaves

Laughter, across the table
Open hearts, pulsing
Vital signs, two
Eyes become one.

I posted bail.                                                   She tried to take her.
She asked me to abandon my father.                He wouldn't do what's best for his daughter
                                                                      Everything he does, he does for himself
They won't let us part.
His pride wouldn't let him confess                      What right does she have to take my girl?
If you hadn't left, none of this                             Is this how love ends?
Should have ever happened                               Like a unborn baby smashed by a truck?
                                                                      Like a sum of money passed hand-to-hand?
They denied us our divorce                                                       
Here we are, together, apart.                             The divorce papers have all been filed
Every day a broken dream                                 All it needs is a spark
                                                                       Kindness is forgetting
Erasing what was                                             Erase that love    
Now I can go...and if she doesn't come?                                                                       
Dare I go on alone?                                          Here in the mirror I see my father
?                                                                    Each piece of me lost, forgotten
                                                                      Run over by a fault of memory


All I want is for them to be together

Somehow they want me to choose
Elect one of piece of my heart and
Push the other away into the dark
All this time I've done my part to try
Recognizing I was the only one keeping
All of us in the same country, the same city
There's a tear inside of me, and I don't know how
I will ever mend or completely banish this piece of my blood
Or love, how do you expect me to believe in a nonsense like Love
Now we are apart even when we're together, betrayed by the ones...by love.


I
m

b
e
i
n
g


B     R      O     K    E     N

I                                          N
T                          W                      O

                                                                        .

No comments:

Post a Comment