Sunday 17 June 2012

LA Afternoon La Brea

LA, last of the day light
Panhandling, playing to get into the museum:
Art for art's sake.
The Russian mother is counting somersaults
Один, два, три, четыре
The evening sun slants towards me illuminating
Leaves laughter with light gleams

Couples kissing, why not me?
Rest a bit, sonny, please
Fossils, worries of life, tar pit sucking.

Today is a day alone,
but beautiful.
I kick myself over trivial things.
Soul sing, the day is lovely,
I don't care if you're
Dehydrated you had tacos today
From a place that has New York Subs and Kimchee
American glories.

A perfect breeze, a малчик laughing
Let it be, let it be
Space and Japanese photography.
Oh the kindnesses of strangers,
I got to sing,
And although I climbed a hill in hopes of seeing
The Hollywood sign for Squeaky,
What foolishness,
There is grass beneath me with far more beauty,
Far more worth committing to memory.

So let Мама chase the giggling,
Let the girl on the bench read,
Leave the lovers to their kissing
Might be a little smoggy, but sky's still blue,
Breathe a little, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment