Saturday 31 December 2011

You've made your bed

You've made your bed,

Now lay in it.

I washed all my blankets this evening. They aren't dry yet.
It's time to sleep.

I keep telling God that I'll get my act together soon.
There's a new year coming and I want to be more disciplined.
I want to do more, to love you better.
To be efficient.
Somehow I know that tomorrow begins today,
But perhaps I'm not ready yet.

I'm not sure if I want to be a big star.
I suppose I'll never know if I don't write the songs.
I want to write the best songs.
But I don't want to write the crappy ones.
(that it takes to get there)

I want to find a girl I can love.
A girl that when she's around
There's no other one.
But since I can't decide,
Because I can't need someone who
Won't be around.
I'm just playing around,
Spinning wheels.

I want my cake, I want to eat it too.
I want to sin, and still feel you.
I want love, I want to be free.
But love costs everything.
The double-mind stays lonely.

You're a grown-up now,
You've made your bed,
Now sleep in it.
I'm not saying that things can't change,
But it's time to take responsibility.
Today is the only day you'll ever be able to change.
Today is the day I pray that I'll be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment