Thursday 6 January 2011

Yesterday (Or maybe it was a couple days prior)

Yesterday I let myself fall in love--
Well that was dumb,
I know you wouldn't give me a second thought,
that I am only another extraordinary face in a long line
of smiling ones, wowed by your radiance
I wish I could just tell you
So you could shoot me down.
You were dancing on the sand,
You fell through my hands onto your back, oops
We were harmonizing different songs
but I wasn't the one you asked to keep you company
when you went to do the dishes
I just want to know

If I write you out of my knotted head and
onto this screen does it make it better or
worse I want to forget how strongly
I feel
If I leave enough hints behind the
scenes if I tell enough friends
will someone spill the beans
And then at least we can be together
in the space where you chide me
for my foolishness and I apologize
and we wipe up food on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment