Saturday 20 November 2010

Mer

Push seaweed hair back past your green flash mermaid-pursed corneas
So I can sea through the scales and dark swells.
Sharks would mince us alive
Or maybe my pride
We're swirling round solar spin machine
Conducting opposite poles of electricity
Losing the score, keeping sore, washing the past,
Merry-pole-may-go-round,
Every time I reach round
Your kelp hair flings back out of town
(Kelp me. Hair for me. No-nevermind I'm scar(r)ed.)
Cheers, we're on the tipping scales in our hands, knees bent,
Tottering on the edge of commitments
Teetering towards pseudo-relationships
Swinging out past the edge with our feet in the air
Wondering if this time around we'll lose our
slip on our common board surf,
decay out of orbit and
bruise our hard tailbone hearts and
  scatter sawdust waves in the run for a lunar-faced mom.

1 comment:

  1. Mer...the sea, she's also a character from something I've written at some point in the past.

    ReplyDelete