Sunday 21 April 2013

The World Traveller

The world traveller had an anxiety attack
Because he had to move across town
Will work for hugs, but doesn't know
What to say when someone asks about money
I don't want any.

Last Monday my heart gave out on me,
Maybe it was long before last Monday.
The leaves are green, but they shout on deaf ears,
I smile and laugh, and I wonder what strange thing this is
To be happy.

I never thought that settling would be so stressful.
I never thought that the promised land could be lonely.
I thought I'd left my fears behind.
I thought my faith was inside of me.

The infinite possibilities have caught in the gutter,
Choking on a dream of anything,
Workaholics anonymous will not be meeting.
The workaholic always eventually feels like quitting everything.
Everyone's got a plan, no one's got as many as me
Everyone's got a plan, everyone's got a plan
For me.

And the homeless man just wants to go home.
The roamer made more friends, and felt more loved,
In one night at a hostel.
Everybody wants to f*ck a movie star,
But no one wants to be their friend.
Everybody wants to learn English,
But words are just penstrokes and tongued sounds and whispered nothings.

No comments:

Post a Comment